In Canada, a master’s degree in business analytics is offered as an MBAN (master’s in business analytics) or an MBA with a specialization in business analytics. In Canadian colleges, the typical tuition expense for an MS in Business Analytics is between 20,000 and 50,000 USD. For Indian students, the cost is estimated at 36.81 lakhs INR.
International applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 (83-86 percent) and a GMAT score of elite universities to be admitted to the Masters in Business Analytics programs. The course focuses on the intersection of technology and business, offering analytical insights that aid in the achievement of company objectives. Business analytics courses in Canada provide graduates with a wide range of work options. A Canadian postgraduate in business analytics can earn between 70,000 and 100,000 USD per year.
Graduate students of computer science, data analytics, or statistical mathematics can pursue a master’s degree in business analytics in one to two years. Data analytics, predictive modeling, supply chain analytics, data visualization, energy analytics, and programming for analytics are among the core areas covered. Other specialties within the MBA program include customer analytics, operations analytics, people analytics, and accounting analytics.
Pursuing Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- According to the QS World Universities Ranking, 2022, eight Canadian universities offer master’s degrees in business analytics, three of which are among the top 100 in the world.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, by 2026, the number of occupations associated with business analytics will have increased by 110,000 percent.
- 71 percent of firms aim to hire business school graduates for analytical roles (GMAC poll 2018). MBAN or an equivalent degree is needed for hire applicants.
The admission process for Masters in Business Analytics in Canada
- For information on the admission portals/forms, applicants can go to the program page on the official website of the institution they desire to apply to. For the most part, international applicants are advised to apply for the fall semester.
- 16 years of education (10+2+4)
- Completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program that includes linear algebra, statistics, and calculus
- Computer programming and data analytics knowledge is an advantage.
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale, reflects a percentage score of 76-81 percent and a letter grade of B or above.
The admission requirements for Masters in Business Analytics in Canada:
- Transcripts: Previous institution certificates, mark sheets, and other papers must be presented. Original transcripts are required by several universities. Some universities, on the other hand, require candidates to present certified original copies of their transcripts.
- Proof of Language Proficiency: International applicants from countries where English is not the native language must provide proof of language proficiency. The results of standardized language examinations can be submitted by applicants. The following are the basic requirements for pursuing MS Business Analytics in Canada:
- 0 on the IELTS (with a band score of 6.5 each). A minimum total score of 6.5 is the median and average.
- TOEFL (interactive): 100. A minimum total score of 87 is required by many universities.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants for the MS in Business Analytics must provide letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources. Most institutions require two to three letters of recommendation.
- Along with the application, an updated professional resume is required.
- Statements of purpose and personal essays are two examples of supplementary documentation that may be required for admissions.
In order to pursue a Master’s degree in Business Analytics in Canada, one must first pass the GMAT. Under certain circumstances, some universities may waive the GMAT requirement. Applicants with strong academic credentials may be considered for admission to the business analytics program without completing the GMAT. International applicants should contact the respective universities for more information.
All applications are assessed in their entirety for all universities. GRE/GMAT scores, letters of recommendation, and interviews all play a role in admissions. The decisions are made public after a two-to-six-month timeframe.
Top universities in Canada that offer a Master’s degree in Business Analytics:
- UBC Sauder School of Business
- York Schulich School of Business
- University of Alberta
- Western Ivey Business School
- HEC University
- Carleton University
- McMaster DeGroote School of Business
- McGill University
MS in Business and Data Analytics in Canada costs approximately 9,00,000 to 10,00,000 INR. While studying in Canada, international students spend a significant amount of money on expenses other than tuition. The costs of living in Canada, books and supplies, transportation, and so on are all included. Depending on the university, books and materials cost between 750 and 1500 USD. In and around most institutions, food and beverages cost an international student around 3000-4000 USD.
The Scope for business analytics in Canada
With a Canadian Work Permit, international candidates can work in Canada. Deloitte, CIBC, Air Canada, KPMG, and other well-known companies hire students with a Master’s in Business Analytics degree. The following are some of the jobs that one can get with a Master’s degree in Business Analytics in Canada:
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Revenue Management
- System Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
Because of the growing popularity of data-related jobs, Canada’s Master’s in Business Analytics program is getting a lot of attention. Popular universities, such as UBC, have seen an increase in the number of applications submitted and applicants awarded admission.
Students with a postgraduate degree in business analytics can work in industries such as financial services, retail, media, travel, and healthcare. MS in business analytics becomes a program of interest for individuals with a statistical mathematics background due to the attractive median wages of 50,000-70,000 USD at entry-level.