Harvard is the top featured university of this month. It is one of the most prestigious universities and undoubtedly number one university in the world in many aspects to pursue education from. Studying at worlds top featured university not only feels great but also opens doors to a plethora of opportunities. Harvard has been among the best institutes for more than 375 years and has successfully positioned itself among the best ivy league universities in the world.
Founded in 1636, Harvard University is the oldest higher education university in the United States of America. Harvard has been consistently featured at the top of world university ranking. Graduate-level education comprises majority of Harvard’s students. International students are 20 per cent of total Harvard’s student body. Harvard University has a wide range of research disciplines and has more than 100 research centres. The university consists of the undergraduate college along with 11 other degree-granting institutions including the highly esteemed Graduate School of Education, Law School, B-School and the John F. Kennedy School of Government.
Popular courses at top featured university Harvard
Harvard offers its students a wide range of subjects to study. The knowledge is imbibed via not just theories but practical learning as well. Harvard offers some of the best university opportunities one can think of Some of the best courses at Harvard University for both UG and PG are as follows:
- Business Administration and Management
- Applied Mathematics
- Bio engineering
- Comparative Literature
- Geology and Geophysics
- Environmental Sciences
- Earth and Marine Sciences
- Social Policy and Administration
- Liberal arts and sciences
- English Language and Literature
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Accounting and Finance
- Economics, and many more.
Career opportunities after studying at Harvard university
Harvard University offers best university placements. Harvard on a resume is like a magic key that opens a plethora of doors in the corporate world. Once you pass out of Harvard, you will be considered the smartest person in the room. Not to mention, the hard-working attitude the Harvard individuals have. When a person is considered the smartest and the hardest working, any employer would be more than happy to have them in their team. Harvard widens a person’s horizons and options like nothing else. You can get into financial services, consulting, technology and other roles. One kick starts their career from a significantly higher position and gets into the leadership roles as well. Harvard graduates have obtained positions at leading universities and at leading organizations in government and industry.
How to get into Harvard university
Harvard does not discriminate against its applicants based on their nationality, and evaluates all its applicants in a similar manner. However, being top featured university of the world is not easy. You have to be among the best minds to get into one of the best university in the world. You have to be at the top of your class if you wish to study at Harvard. You will be required to have almost straight A’s in all your classes to compete with fellow applicants. If your GPA is at or below the average required GPA, you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate for the same. Having a higher SAT/ACT score will help you compete effectively with other applicants with better GPA than yours. The detailed admission requirements are mentioned below.
Apply on the Harvard application portal
After you have selected the application portal you want to opt for, apply at Harvard by attaching the following documents.
- Official transcripts (educational institutes attended): Only WES-evaluated English translations must be attached.
- English language proficiency scores: Undergraduate-level applicants require test scores like TOEFL and IELTS.
- Test scores of necessary standardized exams: ACT/SAT (32/1460) or GRE/GMAT (292/730) for undergrads and graduates, respectively.
- Letter of recommendations: At least 3 LORs written by teachers or supervisors under whom you have worked who can highlight your strengths and weaknesses correctly for Harvard to judge.
- Statement of Purpose: You would be required to submit a strong SOP. An impressive and outstanding SOP can add great merit to the candidate’s profile. Make sure you are being honest and don’t seem like a robot in your statement.
- Resume (wherever required): This is a big factor in the admission process at Harvard University.
Student Support Services at Top Featured University Harvard
Great student support services contribute to making Harvard the university number 1 in the world. Guidance about living and studying at the college is provided by the resident proctors. Every house has its staff of advisers called resident tutors. Harvard offers extensive advising resources of other kinds as well. You can reach out to the academic resource center if you need help with coursework. For career counselling, there’s an office of career services. For assistance with financial aid issues, Harvard has a financial aid office. The student employment office helps with placements and employment both on and off-campus. The university owns exceptional health services. Finally, for the special need of the students, there’s the international office.